Saturday, June 16, 2012

So Happy To Be A Volunteer: "Love All. Serve All."

 

At the end of the day, I like to quiet my mind during our drive home from work.  I usually find that my mind and heart are processing my experiences with the nice people that I visited.   Even though I don't actually do anything special or say any nice words to the nice people, my Mom says I still make the nice people feel happy. She says that Maya Angelou once wrote: 
“. . . people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.
When I think about how I make the nice people feel, and how the nice people make me feel, the answer is always:  Loved.  That’s everything, isn’t it?

My Mom says I am called a Volunteer—a Volunteer is someone whose only motivation and whose only reward are that:  Love. And she says that there are so many wonderful Volunteers of all kinds in this Beautiful  world-- so many animals and humans who seek and find and do all sorts of acts of kindness and service for other living Beings and for all of the Earth.
One of our mottos can be: "Love all. Serve all."
I love people and animals and the earth, and I love Volunteers.  
And I love getting to be a Volunteer.
I am so lucky. I get the chance to try to
love all and serve all.

~~~~~~~~
"I don't know what your destiny will be,
but one thing I know:
the only ones among you
who will be really happy are those
who have sought
and found a way to serve."

~  Albert Schweitzer  ~